Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd June 2024, 19:36   #1
rga1983

Rover 75 Saloon

Default TOAF Mobile/Android Communication Issue

Hi

Has anyone had issues using TOAF Mobile and been able to resolve them? I'm getting read errors when trying to view error codes or coding. The only exception to that is the ABS module which it will talk to intermittently.

The PC version of TOAF communicates with all the modules so I don't think the car is at fault. I'm using the same cable as I use with the PC version and the app recognises there's a cable connection so I don't think there's an issue with the cable.

I've been emailing the creator who sent me some basic troubleshooting but ended the conversation with, "and what should I do now?" when that didn't work, so I'm now at a bit of a loss.

Any ideas or pointers would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Last edited by rga1983; 3rd June 2024 at 19:41..
rga1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2024, 11:53   #2
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

I have this issue when using TOAF with a Samsung with a combined USB 'C' / charging port. When I connect the USB C OTG adaptor to the Samsung TOAF will connect and then the connection fails and then re-connects, apparently this a 'quirk' of the Samsung connection. Using another make of phone / tablet and the connection is OK, the connection is more stable on my old Samsung Galaxy Tab A from 2016, but still not 100% reliable

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2024, 14:57   #3
rga1983

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkeyte View Post
I have this issue when using TOAF with a Samsung with a combined USB 'C' / charging port. When I connect the USB C OTG adaptor to the Samsung TOAF will connect and then the connection fails and then re-connects, apparently this a 'quirk' of the Samsung connection. Using another make of phone / tablet and the connection is OK, the connection is more stable on my old Samsung Galaxy Tab A from 2016, but still not 100% reliable

Steve
Thanks Steve, I've been using a Dell USB-C to USB-A adapter connected to my Google Pixel 7 Pro. I guess it could be any combination of things causing the connection to fail. I'll have to see if I can borrow a different device and see if I get any better results.
rga1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2024, 18:35   #4
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Personally Rob, I'm not too keen on using the Android app, it loses the connection too often for me to have faith in its reliability, I use the Windows version on a laptop and don't have any issues with it, I restrict it's use to fault code reading or changing dealer options like the speed locking feature

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2024, 07:23   #5
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Im thinking about downloading toaf but looking at the site it seems I’ve lost my chance as it’s just blank. I was hoping it could be downloaded to my laptop which used windows 11 with a suitable lead just for checking and clearing any future fault codes.

Anyone able to advise me further ?
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2024, 09:39   #6
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
Im thinking about downloading toaf but looking at the site it seems I’ve lost my chance as it’s just blank. I was hoping it could be downloaded to my laptop which used windows 11 with a suitable lead just for checking and clearing any future fault codes.

Anyone able to advise me further ?
Hi, I recently made this link available to another member. It's a Dropbox directory of mine containing TOAF 5.0.43 & TOAF 5.0.51 installation files & TOAF instructions PDF - fill ya boots...

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/9gb7w...=pdr761el&dl=0

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2024, 10:02   #7
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Thank you . I’ll have look after I’ve finished my housework as the wife’s due home after 1300 !

If rebuilding the car isn’t enough she’ll probably want the house moving a little bit to the right! Lol !😜
Old 8th June 2024, 11:10   #8
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
Thank you . I’ll have look after I’ve finished my housework as the wife’s due home after 1300 !

If rebuilding the car isn’t enough she’ll probably want the house moving a little bit to the right! Lol !��
You are very welcome:

Just remember when installing to modify the target directory and resulting desktop icon to match the version you are installing:

Version 5.0.51 (Program Files/TOAF Tools 51) will be your default version...

Version 5.0.43 (Program Files/TOAF Tools 43) use just for adding second-hand key PCBs to the BCU for free (just press "continue" when prompted for a password)...

PS Anyone else on here is welcome to use the link to obtain TOAF installation files

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/9gb7w...=pdr761el&dl=0

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Last edited by Lagetha; 9th June 2024 at 12:45.. Reason: Update
Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2024, 16:36   #9
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Downloaded both files . Thank you. I’ll obtain a lead when payday arrives as I’ve already spent a fortune replacing my front suspension
Old 18th June 2024, 13:26   #10
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Thumbs up

My Toaf modified lead arrived today from Ebay. I plugged it in and opened the file on my desktop and it worked straight out of the box. Thank you so much