Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th August 2015, 12:57   #1
Mdan
Gets stuck in

mg zt

Default Drivers door not opening on central locking

For some unknown reason today drivers door has stopped working when I press unlock it makes the noise but does not open all other doors open any ideas please
Mdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 15:35   #2
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdan View Post
For some unknown reason today drivers door has stopped working when I press unlock it makes the noise but does not open all other doors open any ideas please
Looks like you have the same problem as me, the door lock actuator has failed if you have to use the key to unlock that door only. Replacement is the only option, I got a used one from cossie dunc, just got to get it fitted or try myself if and when I get time
Hth,
Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 15:44   #3
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Hi, there seems to be a common weakness in the cdl motor mechanisms on our cars. Unfortunately there is no simple fix apart from replacing the faulty mechanism. The fault may lie in that the motor may be working in only one direction after running too tight for a time. Many of the traders on this site offer them for sale for around the £20 area. The changing the part over is ok to do if you pay attention to how everything hooks up and what not to undo.
Hope this helps in some way toward a fix.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 11:34   #4
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

It may not necessarily be the Actuator as I had exactly the same problem and had it repaired by a few of the experts at the last West Midlands Nano meet. The door card was removed and the wire rod from below the button was slightly out of shape and alignment. After a little reshaping the problem was sorted.

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 06:41   #5
werdna232002
Avid contributor

ZTT 2.0 cdti 135

I had the same problem before. Drivers side locks but does not unlock with the remote fob. It turned out it was a bit missalligned from the door card. the rod may be out of shape by now if it was going on for a long time. I got away with a bit of wiggle on the door card. it is 6 months now and still working fine. You may have to remove the door card and inspect it properly before buying anything. Also you need door card clips to replace some that may break during door card removal.
werdna232002 is offline   Reply With Quote