Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > Members Own Spares For Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd September 2012, 10:01   #1
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Default Winter exterior protection kit: Wolfs Chemicals

Having spent a fortune on detailing/valeting stuff over the last few years ive got quite a collection, some i no longer use because i now have a ceramic hard coat on the paint. Ive put some together into a little kit that is ideal for a pre-winter detailing that will protect your paint during the winter months when cleaning is less frequent.

In the kit is the following (approx volumes, not in original containers):

One medium 50g clay bar 'Roll up & Shine' branded. Value about £4.

100ml of Poorboys SSR1 swirl remover, more than enough for a car. Ideal for removing swirls and leaving perfectly naked paint.

Approx 100ml of Wolf Chemicals Seal and Shine in original bottle. Enough for several cars, a very high quality jewelling polish that lays down a nano base layer that would protect for months on its own. Can be used as a base for any wax or sealant in the future. Can also be used to prep the alloys for nano body wrap.

40-50ml of Wolf Chemical Nano Body Wrap. Doesnt sound like much but its enough for probably one 75/ZT and a supermini at least, including alloys. You only need one drop per panel. Apply with a cotton make-up pad, yes really, after the seal and shine. Just put the pad on the bottle, turn it over to wet the pad and thats it. Apply, let dry for 15 mins and buff off. Best done out of the sun.

125ml of Wolf Chemicals Nano Bathe Shampoo. This is the matching shampoo, designed for the Body Wrap. It maintains the intense water beading action for longer. Ordinary shampoos lay down wax that clogs the body wraps nanos. It would rinse off eventually, but this shampoo just gives you instant beading, and helps repair any missing nanos. Enough for 5 washes.

250ml of Wolf Chemical Reparation QD. The matching QD, also repairs any nanos missing and doesnt clogg the nanos with waxes.

One Lake Country Hand Cutting pad. Used but perfectly ok. Ideal for applying the SSR1 if you have no machine. Use a softer pad for the Seal and shine.

100ml Of Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel cleaner. Dilute 2 to 1, spray on, leave for 5 minutes, agitate and rinse off. Its non acidic and very good at what it does. Smells lovely!

Ill also throw in mostly full (250mls of 325ml of so), of Autoglym Bumper Care, for your plastics and trim, even tyres.

The Nano products will last at least 6 months visually and will protect for far longer. If they lose their lustre in the Spring, go over again with the Seal and Shine and wax the car. I had almost no degradation after 6 months, when i decided to put a wax layer over the top for a different look.

All you need to supply is a spray bottle bottle for the QD, something to use as a clay lube, a few microfibre cloths and hard work!

£35 delivered or £30 collection if local, which is WAY cheaper than any other way of getting the products.

Last edited by rovexCDTi; 2nd September 2012 at 16:27..
rovexCDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2012, 16:28   #2
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

EDIT: Added 100ml of quality Wheel cleaner.
Old 3rd September 2012, 20:13   #3
Ray squires
Posted a thing or two

MGZT 180 sport, MG6 1.8 turbo

Christian you have a pm.

Ray
Ray squires is offline   Reply With Quote