Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th June 2024, 01:21   #1
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Default My Ancillary Belt Just Let Go.....

.....On the A13. I felt & just about heard it go & the battery light illuminated to inform me what had happened. She carried on going regardless & l pulled off at the next junction. Inspected under the bonnet to confirm, had a quick search on here to gen up on the possible effect on the timing belt & called the AA. He was there in less than half an hour, confirmed that the belt wasn't there & that it hadn't interfered with the timing belt, removed the few remains, checked he didn't have one & was right, then offered a fully charged battery to get me home while he followed or the spectacle lift. I suggested going with my battery which is relatively new & we went with this option which went well & though he said the lights were beginning to flicker after a few miles she made it home under her own power. All quite straight forward.
I'll order a couple of belts from Mat & get them fitted at the weekend.
They were all replaced last year but it looks like oil had been getting onto the alternator belt, possibly a top cover leak so l'll order a gasket too. I'll use the Chrysler for work for a couple of days.

Last edited by The Rovering Member; 6th June 2024 at 12:06..
The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote