Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th April 2023, 19:47   #11
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
Hey Jamie, for those with a real T4 like me, would you mind sharing necessary bits of information such as :
- which kind of lead is needed for VT4? I have a VAG KLL one, modded to use with IPKChanger, would that do the trick ?
- do you need to run the VT4 software from a specific folder on the hard drive?
- all in all, the basic process to get this running when one already has all of the RDS software working on a laptop with a real T4 (T4-Lite USB version in my case)?

Since my T4 runs fine I'd just like to explore VT4 as an alternative if (when) my T4-Lite interface goes kaputt...

Thanks
As mentioned in my post, it is not my platform to support.

I also have a real T4, in fact I had 2. Just sold one of them.

I am not going into any detail on how to configure the application as it is not my application to support. I may know how to configure it, but that is not on me to write a guide.

You've told me multiple times on the Facebook groups that I am wrong and don't know these cars at all. You would rather see 260's scrapped rather than changing a few pins on the ABS pump and using one from a FWD car. It may not give 100% the same braking, but if it gives 95% and saves the car being scrapped why not do it?

All I can say is no off the shelf lead will work. And you need to modify T4 system files for it to work.

The amount of time I have offered electrical advice or knowledge to be shot down because I am not one of the "T4 guys" on here really was shocking. Just because I haven't been here from the start doesn't mean I have no knowledge, if anything I probably have more than most because I found it interesting and kept digging and figuring out how to do stuff. How many people can offer fully plug and play diesel ECUs that will auto pair to your EWS when you plug it in and will have the correct coding and VIN? There are various BMW parts that can be modified and coded to fit, such as you can flash a Z4 LCM to SW4.6, and that can be modified to work with a 75, giving auto lights, triple flash indicators and proper DRL support without any additional hardware bodged in.

But then again, I obviously know nothing and will continue to be pushed away. The atitude of various people in this club and on the Facebook pages is the reason I am stepping away from the scene.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote