Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th August 2016, 15:39   #1
MWMan
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Paint Matching

I know there have been quite a few post on this, and the disappointment members have had with getting a good match. I had a hole in my bonnet coming from a rusted seam at the front. Ground it all out, filled it, sanded it, sprayed it with primer - and if I say so myself, it was looking pretty good. Ordered the White Gold 2 GMN and lacquer from Rimmers and sprayed it on, doing a pretty reasonable job.

However, as you can see from the photo, the colour is way off. Even when I get round to using the DA polisher to "blend" it in, I can't see it looking like the original. I know this is because the sun fades the original paint, so a coat of original colour will not look the same. However, if I took it down to a body shop and had it resprayed (which I may yet do), they would get an exact match. So obviously they are able to mix paints to get the exact colour.

I have searched the web for paint mixing firms, but everyone seems to offer to mix to the Car colour code - which in my case is 15 years old, and almost certainly won't match!

My question is - has anyone found somewhere that will mix a can of paint to match the actual colour of your, as it is now? It's probably a bit more expensive than a mix to a standard code, but its probably cheaper than a bonnet respray.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bonnet.jpg (130.9 KB, 113 views)
MWMan is offline   Reply With Quote