View Single Post
Old 10th October 2013, 23:12   #2
Radioguy
Banned

None

FAQ's OPERATION

IMPORTANT; You must allow the head unit to shut down completely before restarting the car or turning on the ACC . If you do not , it is like turning your computer on and off via the power plug and not giving it time to completely shut down. If you do this too often , You WILL cause Bugs, force closes and programs and apps to stop functioning correctly. We have the Soft shut down on our units to avoid this based on past issues experienced by competitive products.

Q. Does the unit compensate for Speed and Cabin noise.

A. Yes, you can choose an automatic process where as the speed of the car increases the
head unit will compensate and gradually increase the volume of the music.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Q. Can I record from the TV or other modules of the head Unit ?

A. Yes, you can record TV shows , from the cameras , DVD Player, AV1 or AV2 Inputs.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Q. Which Video formats does it playback?

A. AV1/WMV/MP/3GP/ OGG.

Q. Is it possible to run OBD2 diagnostic software such as "Torque" (android app) on the unit and if so, is the connection established via internal CAN bus, or possibly over the bluetooth?

A. Currently we do not provide for a secondary BT connection. The torque and Similar applications can operate via the MIRRORLINK feature.

Q. Do these units work like a standalone satnav unit, or does it work like google maps on my iPhone ie. needs mobile internet to be able to use the sat nav function?

They do not require internet to operate the Sat nav. the Operate offline .
Great question ! thanks !

Q. Where on the new unit is the Sat Nav software 'saved'? The dedicated 'slot' on my device does not have an SD card in it...one presumes it is the internal memory?

There is no SD Card , It is saved as an APP on the Units Internal memory It operates differently from the WinCE units.

Q. How do I update or add maps?

A. First the SD Card must be formatted to Fat32. Then You need to put the unzipped files on an SD Card, Put the SD Card in the Slot of the head unit , Go to your File manager . Find the files on the SD Card and copy them to the CONTENTS/MAPS folder.

Q. Can't seem to find a way of deleting duplicate phone contacts... is there a way of deleting all contacts?

A. Are your contacts stored to the phones sim and internal memory? If so it may have copied both across and you may need to change your settings in the phone.

Q. I unpaired my phone and contacts disappeared. On phone made sure only sim contacts visible and paired phone and contacts back again but even more copies!!! Anyone able to help me delete copies???

A. Have a look at this |Video on how to delete duplicate contacts. (How to delete duplicate Videos)

ERROR Messages

1/. How to fix the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped error
Please follow this LINK

2/. How to fix the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly error
First remove the hotmail app if you have one. this is indicative of a problem with your contacts data. Possibly facebook , whatsapp, Endomondo. Clear your DATA CACHE (go to ApplicationManagers/Tasks/ then Scroll down to Contacts open it and clear the data cache.

Last edited by Radioguy; 15th December 2013 at 12:08..
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote