View Single Post
Old 19th January 2024, 10:02   #1
Alexa

Rover 75

Exclamation HELP!! License plate lights always ON, Witched 75 case?

I have a problem that is driving me crazy, the license plate lights are always on with the ignition and the switch lights in the off position, I have checked the voltage and I always get 12.7v to the positive wire of the license plate light, I have cleaned the ground connections, shiny as new, I have checked the cables that go from the trunk to the interior and everything is perfect, without corrosion, everything clean and shiny copper on the terminals.
The fuses are all checked and everything is fine.
I repeat, I always get 12v to the positive license plate cable with everything turned off at the controls.
Curiously, this problem happened to me when I removed the chrome bootlid from the trunk to polish and clean the paint in that area, and when I placed it and connected the license plate, the lights stayed on permanently.
The rest of the car works perfectly, everything turns off and on correctly, there are no short circuits or anything strange.
What I can do? Should I buy all new relays to rule out this option or does it have nothing to do with the problem?

I hope someone can help me, I would be eternally grateful
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote