View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2024, 07:50   #13
sean75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Does it sound anything like this:

Noise starts around 19 seconds in, and quickly fades as the engine warms.

Cliff
It's difficult to compare really, the noise in your video is quite similar albeit less metallic but the main differences are the apparent location of the noise, yours seems to be from the top left (standing at the front of the car) and the fact that it disappears when the engine warms up and quite quickly too, its also not as loud and mine was evident from inside the car whilst driving and with all the windows and A/C switched on. Mine didn't do this and rattling was evident from initial start up to after the engine was at operating temperature.
Outside with the bonnet up and engine running it was the loudest noise i've heard this car make in 23 years of ownership and that includes the rattling that was present when I got the car, eventually rectified when the belts and ancillaries were last changed.

For those that have had definite inlet manifold issues, did the problem begin suddenly overnight- as mine has or was it a more transient deterioration?

I know the manifold problem won't kill the engine but a faulty tensioner or idler or waterpump will and whilst it's being inspected for this it just seems sensible to change the belts etc.

Thanks Cliff for taking the time to post the video, very useful .

Sean
sean75 is offline   Reply With Quote