View Single Post
Old 29th February 2024, 12:34   #9
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I did have the cardboard ones supplied by the hospital but you still need to get to the loo to empty them otherwise they go soggy. I do have a plastic bottle supplied by HomeFirst but I try not to use it if I can. It sits by the bed.

At last things are beginning to look up for you Bob with notification the bed is going back and your mobility is improving.

By coincidence we keep 2 bottles in Kenya and the same in the UK for camping and if we get stuck in a traffic jam for several hours.

When Jessica was in hospital following her broken hip, she was attached to a device called the Caterpillar. The Caterpillar moulds to the female urethra externally and its powered by a vacuum. The purpose of the Caterpillar is to collect urine from the female patient. As it operates, it sucks and vibrates the urine out and the vacuum moulds itself to the female anatomy so it becomes a perfect fit and nothing is spilled. The urine goes direct via a plastic tube into the vacuum bottle. To buy it privately for home use is around £500. I have not seen anything similar for the man.

I am sorry to hear about your mental health struggles. You had major losses with Val and your daughter and your brother. You came through it and you have managed to learn to live with all of that, so you have been through worse and you will get through this. Getting out and about in Banana is something to look forward to.

Today I had physio and the physio made me work extra hard. In fact he had me on a bicycle and I cycled 4km. Now relaxing and as you improve your mobility and independence so will your mental state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote