View Single Post
Old 19th February 2024, 14:02   #10
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
According to RAVE the diesel has an "interface ECU" for cruise control situated "in the front passenger footwell area, behind the fascia". It has one 12 pin connector. Is your 2002 car the diesel?

But let's not get distracted! You're looking to mate your CD changer flying lead with a matching connector on the car's loom. You don't need any auto electrical knowledge to observe the wiring colours on the flying lead (from the CD changer) and see if they match the available connectors on the car's loom.

Dave, please can you post photos using the "mountains" icon rather than thumbnails which are small, low resolution and cannot be enlarged on my laptop. I'm happy to help but I need to be able to count the number of terminals on the connectors you're photographing so can you take the picture end-on to the terminals? If you can tell me the wiring colours as well by unravelling them and noting them down that would be extremely helpful.

Simon

Right 02 plate is another diesel Tourer.
I always use the "mountains" icon - I didn't know there was any other, but that does raise a mystery. If I use my proper office PC - still running on XP, yes I know, I know - the pics come up enlarged. I always upload at 800px or 700 px, but if I look on my Dell laptop (Win 11 Pro) then sometimes they appear as thumbnails, sometimes full size. So the pics below I am going to upload again via my Dell.
And PS: I've run a R75 for some 11 years but never bothered with cruise control: it's so easy to drive (in auto) even long journeys to Burgundy or Barra I've just not bothered to fiddle.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CD wiring pic 1.jpg (84.6 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg CD wiring pic 2.jpg (52.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg CD wiring pic 3.jpg (83.1 KB, 64 views)