Old 13th March 2015, 10:47   #28
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post

But I'm still very curious about the accessories:
- Will my Navall 1 rear-view camera work with this unit?
- Will the unit switch over to rear-view camera when I put the gears in reverse?
- Will the Navall 3 have audio setting like the Navall 1 has? (big downside of the Navall 2 for me)
- Will my digital TV receiver work with this unit?
- Will my dashcam work with this unit?
- Can I keep using my external USB connector?
- Can I keep using my external audio input?
- Will the RDS function fully work in Europe?

I hope these get answered in somebodies review.
Hi Vinnie,

I'll let Sean deal with the advertising stuff.....not my department

-The reversing camera is car specific not head unit specific so will work fine with the standard rca phono input.

-Yes it should although the test unit in my car does not have the final loom so I can't verify this until the new units arrive. The factory have said yes though

-It has a three band eq plus sub output level control, I have found the sound quality to be excellent so far, although a firmware upgrade to add extra bands to the eq and crossover control would be more than welcome.

-A new dvb receiver and front dash cam specific to this unit will be made available.

-It has two rear mounted usb ports and also rca phono audio inputs

-RDS display and traffic anounce are working and the radio reception is solid in my car.
I have not been able to travel any distance to check the Alternative Frequency funcion as of yet.

Hope that helps a little Sir

Regarding the screen resolution whatever it is described as all I will say is wow.........much better than all that came before it and seems to deal with reflections very well.
Lovely vibrant and colour rich display that is as good as I've seen on a car radio

Also worth noting is that when the lights are dimmed on the dashboard the unit lights dim as well without flasing so that function works well now