View Single Post
Old 11th March 2015, 09:18   #22
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
On a second note, it might be worth it to change the part where it says "1080 DPI". This is very misleading. DPI stand for Dots Per Inch. Which is actually incorrectly used here, because it refers to the amounts of ink-dots a printer can set on a piece of paper. (otherwise it should be PPI - Pixels Per Inch, which is used in screen resolutions)
So basically you are referring to the sharpness of a printer... ???

It could possible be that it should say 1080P or 1080I. But that is impossible. The screen would have to be 1920x1080 to allow for this. The unit only has 1024x600. And the carrier (the cable) needs to be made for digital signal, and not just a standard 2-core component cable.

You also (again... ) say that it offers HD "HD 1024*600 resolution". This is still not HD. HD starts with 1280(horizontal)x720(vertical) (HD ready), making 0.92megapixel. And goes up to 1920x1080 (making 2.1 megapixel). You screen is 1024x600 (which is to small in both horizontal and vertical direction to be HD) which makes for 0.61 megapixel.
You did this with Navall1 and Navall2. And even though I explained it to you then, you still use the term HD.

I'm not saying it's a bad unit. It might just be the ducks nutts. But this wrong way of advertising numbers and abbreviations really puts me off. It makes me feel like I'm reading some Chinlish rubbish that was typed by a Asian guy that had no clue what it all means. And in those cases, the information advertised is usually completely wrong. Making you buy something that will never live up to it's (advertised) expectations.
And I wish I didn't had to feel/think like that when looking at a product from Sean.
(and I also still wonder why you keep doing it this way...)

Very much looking forward to some reviews from people who used it in their car. Perhaps some reviews with comparisons between Navall 1/2 and Navall 3?

Edit: I would also like to know how much of the accessoires from Navall1 is compatible? Can I continue using my dashcam with Navall3? Can I keep using my USB and 1.3mm Jack connection? Will I be able to continue using my TV receiver? And (this was a big no-no about Navall2 for me...) will it provide setting for the sound? (in the same manner that Navall1 had those!)
And will the RDS work this time?
There is a lot there for Sean to digest
Vinnie, why don`t you offer Sean a paragraph or two as to how you would phrase it?? you seem to know your stuff, way to technical for me, my mate tried once to explain it when HD TV`s were coming very popular.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote