The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Help, wiring Nightmare!!! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=129193)

A19_Graham 12th November 2012 17:48

Help, wiring Nightmare!!!

Hi,

To cut a long story short, Im trying to fit one of Sean's Units, when I removed the existing head unit, I was surprised to see ISO connectors, so obviously, someone at some point has cut the BMW type connector off and wired in the ISO blocks (Tight Gits!). Obviously Sean, sent me an adapter to go from BMW to the Head Unit.

After a couple of Emails, Sean sent me out a Loom that should bridge the Gap between the 2, however when its arrived, it looks like nothing, and doesnt marry up to anything.

Ive been to Halfords, and the cheeky chappy insidd, told me, with a Sly grin ("Should have bought a unit from us, and got us to fit it") that such an adapter doesnt exist, adn Id need to hunt the scrap yards and cut a connector out of a car, and pay an auto electrician to wire up Blah Blah Blah...

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get a FEMALE BMW ROUND PIN at one end and ISO on tuther?

Or think of any other solution?

Cheers

Graham

suffolk boy 12th November 2012 18:02

1st things first i assume the exsisting connector has a choc block type connector joining it all up i only mention this as the later cars where fitted with iso connectors as standard.now if the bmw plug has been cut of the easy option is to go to a scrappy cut the plug of match up the wires and away you go using a bog standard adapter.failing this i might have what you are after in the shed will be able to check tomorrow

A19_Graham 12th November 2012 18:09

You could be right actually, as if it has been cut and joined, its a neat job.

Anyway, theres nothing from the loom until the iso.

Thanks Mate,

Let me know as soon as you can mate, been waiting bout 3 months to get this fitted, and are chomping at the bit now :P

suzublu 12th November 2012 18:24

2 Attachment(s)
Would this help Graham:shrug:...

A19_Graham 12th November 2012 18:28

Thanks Ron, but I need the opposite of that one, BMW End Female and ISO end Male.

Close but no Cigar, gutted :(

handyjackdaniels 12th November 2012 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by A19_Graham (Post 1138428)
Thanks Ron, but I need the opposite of that one, BMW End Female and ISO end Male.

Close but no Cigar, gutted :(

Useless at adding links, but on ebay, item no; 150787582747, is that what you need?
Steve.

MangoMan 12th November 2012 18:41

It's obviously a later car with the .iso leads fitted as standard, so all he needs is the .iso to Unit adapter which should've been supplied with the Headunit...... Like ALL Headunits are normally supplied with.

oldcarguy 12th November 2012 18:42

Can you put a couple of pics up so that we can see the problem. your saying you have iso connectors, and thats what Seans DD has, so it should connect up.

dissy1810 12th November 2012 18:47

Is the double din not an iso unit ? If you're still stuck ill have a look when you come for your blue bits ;)

MangoMan 12th November 2012 18:58

This is the back of Radioguy's units - direct .iso connection!