The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Off with it's head!!!!!!!! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=177954)

andy willi 26th March 2014 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner RA (Post 1618963)
Had the HG changed today. It was only showing the 1st signs of failure and no water in the oil. Overall it was in very good condition and it was due a cambelt change anyway.
Everything went well and is all back together but now will not start. Got a spark, got a good supply of fuel from the pump but for some reason its not getting fuel to the injectors. Got a feeling its something electrical.
Looks like taking SWMBO's MGF to work tomorrow.

timing out trust me i know

andy

Petetourer 26th March 2014 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG Tom (Post 1619393)
What are the liner heights Pete?

Good news on the oil, fingers crossed for the turbo.

Timing being out won't have helped starting. Does it have the fabled orange clip?

Hi Tom...

Liners were pretty level to be honest... 1 was low (Just)

The car started fine and to be honest you would not have guessed there was a problem... :shrug:

FOC is not in place, but will sort that out at a later date, as the car has always started fine....

Petetourer 26th March 2014 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy willi (Post 1619411)
timing out trust me i know

andy

Could it be 180 degrees out ? I know that will seem alright, but never start ? :shrug:

MG Tom 26th March 2014 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petetourer (Post 1619468)
Hi Tom...

Liners were pretty level to be honest... 1 was low (Just)

The car started fine and to be honest you would not have guessed there was a problem... :shrug:

FOC is not in place, but will sort that out at a later date, as the car has always started fine....

Sorry Pete, thought you had a starting problem too...? I don't know where I got that from.

Definitely go for the elastomer gasket then, MLS hasn't got a chance if there is no liner protrusion.

Have you measured the how low the low liner is? Any more than 2 thou and I'd want to fit a liner shim...

Simon.h 26th March 2014 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG Tom (Post 1619474)
Sorry Pete, thought you had a starting problem too...? I don't know where I got that from.

Definitely go for the elastomer gasket then, MLS hasn't got a chance if there is no liner protrusion.

Have you measured the how low the low liner is? Any more than 2 thou and I'd want to fit a liner shim...

From post number 4.

Petetourer 13th April 2014 21:18

Well, thought it was time for a little update on the car....

The head gasket was completed last Friday night and I had been using the car for local journeys to try and make sure it was alright... :shrug:

The signs were all good, so used the car to go to work in London on Saturday... All temps were behaving themselves and the engine was running as sweet as a nut.... :D

So the big test, a run to the national today.... Again, passed with flying colours... So I am hoping that all is now well... I have lost no coolant and she is behaving perfectly... :cool: I will keep an eye on it, but hopefully sorted...

I even met the previous owner today at the National which was nice in a way, but also it was confirmed that the car had all these issues when given to the member who sold it onto me and told me it was fine (when asked directly about the HG) and just needed a hose replaced and could possibly need bleeding again :mad:

Never a nice thing to find out a member of these boards can be such a flat out liar.. Especially when he seemed to be pretty well respected on these boards at one point... :shrug:

I suppose I just need to try and put that part behind me now and try and get on with enjoying the car that has left me skint for a while!! :o

Moonshine Mark 13th April 2014 21:25

As I said to you earlier Pete, glad she seems to be running ok now, onwards and upwards :}

Petetourer 14th April 2014 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonshine Mark (Post 1639410)
As I said to you earlier Pete, glad she seems to be running ok now, onwards and upwards :}

Cheers Mark.

That's the plan. :D

She did look good yesterday when all polished up and is still gleaming in the sun this morning :cool:

So all that left now is to replenish the savings account!! :getmecoat: :o

pab 14th April 2014 07:07

Well Pete, best of luck with the car. If done correctly, the repair will be successful. :}

MG Tom 14th April 2014 07:12

You'll be a bit paranoid for a while but I'm sure it'll be fine.

It's a shame about the circumstances, but try not to dwell on it and move on is my advice. :}

Had it remapped yet?