The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   BMW Bluetooth Retrofit (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7597)

pedro444 2nd July 2007 21:59

BMW Bluetooth Retrofit

First of all, apologies for a fairly lengthy post!

I thought you might be interested in the bluetooth system I've fitted to my 75. It's fully integrated to the car and uses BMW components.

After a bit or research and reading of BMW forums, I decided it must be feasible and decided to have a go. (I think a link from Keith ages ago to the Bimmernav site started my research!)

I had already upgraded a few of the sat-nav compents in the car (Mk3 BMW drive, 16:9 E46 monitor, BM24 tuner etc.) and was impressed how everything seemed to work as soon as you connected it.

First of all I worked out that there are a couple of pre-requisites if you want to fit this:

1. High Line Sat Nav System
2. BMW BM54 Tuner

As far as I'm aware these are the only two things you must have. The BM54 tuner is needed as it has a dedicated telephone input whereas the BM24 version and the Rover tuner don't support this. This together with the adaptor loom for the different tuners is the most expensive part of the retrofit.

One comment on the BMW tuners - I was amazed at how much they improved the sound quality over the Rover tuner! One of my first upgrades was the BM24 tuner and this made a huge difference to the quality of the sound - much more bass availalbe and sharper sound, even with the standard speaker. The BM54 is similarly as good, if not a little better.

The components I needed were (in addition to the BM54 tuner):
1. BMW ULF unit - this is the 'brains' of the telephone system (about £50 on eBay)
2. Microphone - standard BMW item
3. Wiring loom to connect to tuner in the boot and ULF unit. I got mine from this guy: http://www.bimmernav.com/index.html
I must say Martin from Bimmernav was most helpful and I’d definitely recommend him. I think the loom I got is actually intended to retrofit the system to a MINI with sat-nav.
4. Bluetooth Antenna and lead (came with the loom from Bimmernav)
5. Pairing Button (again from Bimmernav)

First step was to locate the ULF unit in the spare wheel area. I choose to mount it on the back of the tuner as shown below. In truth there wasn't much choice as to where to put it as the loom was fairly short!

The loom provided plugs in between the existing harness and the radio module and provides the connection to the I-Bus, power etc. There are also two separate audio wires that you then feed into the tuner connections.

Once all the wiring was neatly tied up, the original black cover fitted back and you'd never know anything different was behind it.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...9665f0be38.jpg

Once this is mounted and connected, there are only three further items to install. First is the bluetooth antenna. I mounted this on top of the sat-nav drive in the boot as it was about as far as I could get the cable to reach and there were handy mounting holes:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...96691b610f.jpg

Next there is the pairing button. This connects to the twisted wires you'll see in the first photo. I decided to mount this in a spare spot in the centre console so I had to extend the wires. You could actually decide to leave the button in the boot as I think you only need it when you want to add a new phone to the system.

Finally then it was the microphone to mount. I routed the wires for this through the boot, under the parcel shelf, then up behind the headlining on the driver's side of the car and finally behind the sun visor to the centre light unit. I felt this was the simplest way of routing the wiring without taking too much trim apart! The microphone clipped straight in to the light unit - as though it was made for it!

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...966ca7d25a.jpg

You may notice two red wires connected to nothing it appears at the top of this photo. These happened to have the exact same connector as the microphone. Following this wiring back I found it to just be a pre-installed extension that ended at the base of the windscreen pillar on the driver's side. I suppose it was some pre-wiring for the original Rover phone system? Also while poking around behind the screen pillar trim I found another much meatier connector that appears not to go to anything. Anyone any ideas?

Then, put all the bits of the car back together, turn on the ignition and here you go:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...9672319a1f.jpg

I have to say it is quite a good system. And it means you can use the phone button and see those LEDs at the top of the screen working if you've upgraded to the 16:9 monitor!

The telephone (ULF) module is supposed to have integrated voice control, but I'm yet to experiment with this. I think I might be able to use the pairing button (that I mounted between the cruise and rear blind switches) to activate this but haven't been successful yet.

Hope you find this interesting!
Pete

Rosebank 3rd July 2007 14:11

Hi pedro444

I was certainly interested in your project description. Some of the aspects you dealt with have a bearing on a recent post of mine - "Handsfree telephone Installations" and I intend to check into this further.

Regards

Rosebank

Keith 3rd July 2007 20:46

Well done Pedro I was hoping a volunteer would try this ;)
I had been waiting to pick up a BM54 at a sensible price before trying it myself.

Do you want to edit the post to add anything? what is shown on the screen during a call or if the telephone menu is chosen what options are there etc?

I will then post this in the Howto forum

Alex30013k 3rd July 2007 21:51

Did wonder what that red wire was for, my old car had this, but my 03 don't, thought it maybe something to do with the sun roof switch or illumination,

Very good install, Well done,

:)

JohnDotCom 3rd July 2007 22:15

That will be a very Useful HowTo.
Well done.

pedro444 4th July 2007 20:27

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'll take some pics of the various screens you get with the system and add them to the thread.

Pete

Jontie 7th July 2007 17:55

Thank's

Hi Pedro,
I've just returned from a weeks holiday and I'm catching up on the Forum. I'm in the process of upgrading and this is one of the options I am hoping to fit, so I can't believe my luck when I spotted this!! Thanks for a great How To.....:bowdown:
Regards
John

Departed 8th July 2007 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedro444 (Post 69707)
You may notice two red wires connected to nothing it appears at the top of this photo. These happened to have the exact same connector as the microphone. Following this wiring back I found it to just be a pre-installed extension that ended at the base of the windscreen pillar on the driver's side. I suppose it was some pre-wiring for the original Rover phone system?
Pete

The wires were orange / orange black. Maybe they changed, but yes that's exactly whate they were for.

Quote:

The microphone clipped straight in to the light unit - as though it was made for it!

It was! The original phone system used BMW components, just like the satnav. New software was developed for the phone unit to go with the symphony, but the version for satnav was to be completely carry over. Short sighted management dropped the project.

You might be surprised how much BMW / Mini / Componentry works. After all, the same people designed the 75 and the Mini!!

pedro444 9th July 2007 21:12

OK, here are a few more pics. I haven't got a 16:9 TV module in the car at the moment hence these are displaying in a 4:3 size on the larger screen.

First of all, you need to pair your phone with the system. You only have to do this once and to do it make sure your phone's bluetooth is activated and set to discover then hold the pairing button down as you turn on the ignition. You should then see this screen:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...29cd7d250f.jpg

If successful the monitor will display 'Pairing Successful'. You'll then need to turn off the ignition then back on again. From now on your phone will automatically connect when the ignition is on.

Selecting the Telephone option from the main menu gives the following telephone menu:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...29e419355b.jpg

You can use the right hand rotary button to move around the screen and enter a number manually, just as you would with the sat nav. Once a number is entered you can either use the phone button on the monitor or use the control to highlight the picture of a green handset and select this. (This means you don't have to have the phone button on your monitor - the standard 4:3 screen for example doesn't have that button.)

Alternatively you can look numbers up by going to Directory. The first time you do this it will transfer you phone book over and the screen will look like this whilst it is transferring:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...29e42a2f97.jpg

And if someone calls you, the phone will ring through the car's loudspeakers and you will get this screen appearing:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...29e955dacf.jpg

And finally two other pictures that someone might find useful. Firstly the three adaptors that you need to fit a BMW flat pin radio module. From left to right are aerial, audio in (CD changer and monitor tape) and main audio connector (power and speakers etc.)

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...2a2147aca8.jpg

And here side by side are BM24 and BM54 tuners (BM54 on the left).

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...2a214cec7a.jpg

Hope you find these useful! If anyone is interested in the various part numbers let me know and I'll dig them out and add them to this thread.

Pete

Rob Bell 10th July 2007 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex30013k (Post 69943)
Did wonder what that red wire was for, my old car had this, but my 03 don't, thought it maybe something to do with the sun roof switch or illumination,

Very good install, Well done,

:)

I agree - cracking install there - nice one! :D

So the red wires have gone on 03 model year cars? Great. Another Project Drive deletion :(

Keith 10th July 2007 10:57

Thanks Pete I will copy this thread to the Howto section shortly very useful
Just a real pity it does not work with the BM24 type Radio.

Keith 10th July 2007 11:06

Howto now posted :)

Pete one interesting thing
In your first post you still have a WS menu!

Mine without the 16:9 tuner fitted would some times start up like that but would nearly always switch to 4:3 once the tuner had probably booted up and taken over

pedro444 10th July 2007 17:58

Good spot there Keith! I've actually never had a 16:9 tuner but it did go through a period of always starting up in WS format, only reverting to 4:3 if you selected the TV. Sadly it's stopped doing that now so I'm probably going to have to invest in a new tuner!

It is a shame it doesn't work with the BM24 - especially if you've already upgraded to one like I had done... Still, you get other benefits with the BM54 like the availability of an Aux input etc.

One other thing I noticed with the BM54 is that you don't need the smaller aerial connector (is this the diversity thing?) I was never quite sure what diversity was but I'd say my radio reception is actually better now than before!

Pete

Jontie 13th July 2007 10:08

Hi Pete,
Would you check your PM please?

Regards

edzios 13th July 2007 11:22

Hi Pedro, great reading...
I fitted a MK4 Drive yesterday, which gives me the flat screen option etc, but the TMC only works on the CLASSIC FM channel. Am I right in thinking that both the BM24 & BM54 will allow TMC to work on all FM channels?
Hope you don't mind, I have a few questions, regarding the 16:9 Monitor:
1. Is that from a BBW E46 (series 3 BMW)
2. Does it fit correctly, without any modifications
3. Do all the 16:9 monitors have the motorised screen to load CD's. I ask this because I have the 6 Disk CD unit, how would this unit affect my 6 Disk CD changer?
4. Is your Monitor with or without the front loading motorised tape function
5. Please can you supply the correct monitor part number
6. Where did you purchase your monitor
Also, would you know what unit would play CD/MP3
With your help, I also can have your system
All the best, Eddy

Jontie 13th July 2007 15:16

Hi Eddy,
Both the BM 24/54 are dual tuners and give TMC all the time. The monitor is from a series 3 E46 but does require some slight mod's, nothing too difficult. They do have motorised screen with either CD/Tape/Mini Disc behind. I think I'm correct in saying that the one with Tape will operate your CD changer with existing equipment, but the CD/Mini Disc require either BM24/54 Module to operate the changer. As for mp3 I think several members have replaced the changer with an Ipod using Ice Link but I'm not sure if they get ID3 tag readout. (maybe with the BM54) I know Dee Cee did but I think he had a Dice unit and unfortunately he hasn't posted for some time.
HTH.

Regards
John

edzios 13th July 2007 18:19

Hi Jontie
Thanks for that, the next task is to track down a E46 Sat Nav Radio Tuner, either the BM24 or BM54
Do you or any other member know the best place to get one, other than ebay
Regards
Eddy

stewron 13th July 2007 19:52

Hi Eddy, As you know I have the 16:9 tape monitor and BM24 radio. Like the BM54 (required for the 16:9 CD monitor), this has a twin tuner so one channel stays tuned to Classic FM for permenant TMC, while you can tune the other one to whatever you want to listen to. I have now replaced the hi-line CD changer with a JVC 1500 cd/mp3 autochanger and when connected to the radio via a c~quence adapter (http://www.acvgmbh.de/c-quence/), allows mp3 CD's to be played and displays their ID3 tag info (artist and track name) on the 16:9 monitor. I did have some original problems with this, but just turned out to be my (NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-) wiring. All now working fine. See here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=6023

pedro444 13th July 2007 20:07

To add to Jontie's reply..

I think all the E46 widescreens have the motorised screen, you can get them with tape, cd or minidisc behind the screen.

The one with the tape will work just as your 4:3 Roverised one did.

I think that the CD and MD ones require the BM54 to allow the CD/MD behind the screen to work but I'm not 100% sure. I think that they all work the normal Rover CD changer (it's the tuner that controls this really not the monitor I believe)

Mine has the tape behind (people find it really funny to see this fancy screen that reveals an 80's looking tape deck behind!) Apparently loads of manufacturers kept the tape as standard for years after people stopped using them as particularly the American market like books on tape - you lose your place on a CD if you take it out!

I got my monitor from eBay, part number shows as 65-52-6 923 871 - but I think there are various part numbers that will work. Only modification needed as Jontie says is cutting a few small brackets off with a junior hacksaw.

Pete

Quote:

Originally Posted by edzios (Post 72304)
Hi Pedro, great reading...
3. Do all the 16:9 monitors have the motorised screen to load CD's. I ask this because I have the 6 Disk CD unit, how would this unit affect my 6 Disk CD changer?
4. Is your Monitor with or without the front loading motorised tape function
5. Please can you supply the correct monitor part number
6. Where did you purchase your monitor
Also, would you know what unit would play CD/MP3
With your help, I also can have your system
All the best, Eddy

edzios 13th July 2007 20:40

Hi Stew
Thanks for the reply
I get so confused, being a new member, with ALL the sites I have registered with, and it looks like they are joined together. Iforget which one I have been on to list a question or to replt to answer. I keep seeing the same headings on different sites. Is there a way to link into all of them in one go?
With regards "your" system, I have sent my PM to you and would like to meet up and see the system working
All the very best, Eddy

edzios 13th July 2007 20:50

Hi Pedro, thanks for the reply, I am learning fast! When I looked at the listings on ebay and the item refered to a motorised monitor screen, with a Tape facility, I thought they were all CD's, did not know there were different types to choose from. I also thought that the new monitor would make idle my CD unit in the boot, redundant.
Has anybody bought from the listings on ebay from Lithuania, or does anybody have any good contacts for monitors and BM54/BM24 Units in the UK?
I will get there, soon.....
Best regards,
Eddy

R-yen 19th July 2007 08:48

Looks great!

I would like to have such a microphone for my handsfree kit, is it BMW Microphone Part number 84 31 8 380 319 or the newer 84 31 6 938 762 ?
And does it need a special connector?

I currently have the original parrot microphone fitted there, but the sound quality is not very good. How is yours?

Keith 20th July 2007 17:49

Just a word of caution not all BM24s have dual Tuners so always ask and or check first.
Otherwise Yes if you go for a Bordmonitor with CD or Minidisk the CD or Minidisk will not work unless you mated with a BM54

Also remember the BM54 requires around £80 worth of BMW adapter cables as well!

Also whilst I am repeating stuff from other posts there is a thing called a "BM54 Back" which is a BM24 in disguise some people pay way to much money for those, I know because I sold a couple and was amazed at the bidding ;)

Stew glad your MP3 Changer is sorted

pedro444 30th July 2007 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-yen (Post 73778)
Looks great!

I would like to have such a microphone for my handsfree kit, is it BMW Microphone Part number 84 31 8 380 319 or the newer 84 31 6 938 762 ?
And does it need a special connector?

I currently have the original parrot microphone fitted there, but the sound quality is not very good. How is yours?

Just dug out the part number for the microphone - it's 84 31 6 938 762.

I think the sound quality is OK though I've never been on the other end of a phone call from it so can't say for definite!

You can see the shape of the connector in my first post, and if you happen to have the spare orange wires there already you could use that connector and wire it in to your parrot system.

Hope this helps,
Pete

Kearton 4th November 2007 18:59

Quote:

... I thought you might be interested in the Bluetooth system I've fitted to my 75. It's fully integrated to the car and uses BMW components.
[...]
Hope you find this interesting!
Pete

Hi Pete,
very interesting. I don't see a telephone aerial in the parts you fitted. I've bought some of the parts needed to install this too and the ULF module I bought came with a telephone aerial. (Part no.: ) This part (or one similar) also appears in the BMW E46 manuals I've seen online. Did you use one that is not shown in your photos or does the shark fin aerial for the sat. nav. double up for telephone in some way?

Regards,
Kearton

damydyo1 5th November 2007 19:56

Pete,

You have my deeply respect for your expertise. A fine how to. Couldn't do it better. I wasn't aware of the telephone function in the high-line SATNAV. But maybe it isn't possible anyway in the Mrs car, because I retrofitted it from low-line to high line with a BM24 radio and a 4:3 screen.

I fixed the bluetooth undependently with a mirror of Seecode:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...f811cb9245.jpghttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...f8144bd89a.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...f811db445c.jpg

But I don't have a thelephone mute or menu on my screen. The Seecode however has a mic and speaker build in + numbre display while rearview is not disturbed. Also it can operate wireless with a battery for almost 4 months (if not constantly used) Further options like memory for last chosen numbre and indicators for telephone use are installed.

I defenitly will try your option too as an application on this system. the Mrs. wouldn't mind I think. :pillow:Again thanks for your great thread!

Regards Ralph :driving:

pedro444 10th November 2007 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kearton (Post 102552)
Hi Pete,
very interesting. I don't see a telephone aerial in the parts you fitted. I've bought some of the parts needed to install this too and the ULF module I bought came with a telephone aerial. (Part no.: ) This part (or one similar) also appears in the BMW E46 manuals I've seen online. Did you use one that is not shown in your photos or does the shark fin aerial for the sat. nav. double up for telephone in some way?

Regards,
Kearton

Hi Kearton,

I didn't actually use a telephone aerial with this installation. If you want to use one I think you have to find a way of holding the phone securely in one place - the eject box is the way BMWs do this but this wouldn't be easy to fit anywhere in the 75 without looking a bit out of place.

Despite not having an external aerial I don't have any problems with a phone signal though - I guess phones have improved over the years to the point where they don't really need an external aerial anymore.

Regards,
Pete

pedro444 10th November 2007 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by damydyo1 (Post 103083)
Pete,

I defenitly will try your option too as an application on this system. the Mrs. wouldn't mind I think. :pillow:Again thanks for your great thread!

Regards Ralph :driving:

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your comments :)

It's nice having such an integrated system - if you can find the parts it's definitely worth having a go. The biggest expense for me was the BM54 tuner. However I recently sold my old BM24 on ebay and got far more than I was expecting so it might not work out too expensive for you to swap!

Regards,
Pete

Phil 16th March 2009 20:01

Hi guys, I'm sorry if I've missed it but can you tell me the part numbers for all the bits and rough cost of this upgrade? Mine is a 2002 with factory fit hiline satnav.
It looks a really good upgrade and well done on a brilliant how too.

hans.schaaper 16th March 2009 20:40

For Phil

Have a look here also, it's very informative.
http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=210573
I followed this route and built my own loom.

Hans

Phil 16th March 2009 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by hans.schaaper (Post 299734)
Have a look here also, it's very informative.
http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=210573
I followed this route and built my own loom.

Hans

Many thanks.

juzza0 17th March 2009 11:33

I've got a list of all the part numbers/costs somewhere from when i did mine... i used a mini loom and just had to extend the mic lead which was easy. I'll see if i can dig it out later Phil

juzza0 17th March 2009 13:20

Just thinking Phil, you will have to upgrade your tuner unit to the BM54 as this is the only tuner that recognises the ULF box... these are about £300 on e-bay and the loom conversion bits are £80. As i'm aware you can still use the 4:3 screen it just uses different buttons. The parts for my ULF conversion including the mini loom cost me £180 and the ULF boxes off of e-bay were about £150. I've only done this conversion in the MG's as i've upgraded the screens, tuners and navi's on them too, so it all looks factory) In the 75 i've just put a top notch Parrot kit in. You can get these for £100-£150

Phil 17th March 2009 13:33

I see. It maybe is more expense than I need at the moment. Thanks for your replies though. Part numbers would still be good though and I'll keep an eye out for any bargains that may appear.

Ragman 3rd January 2010 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedro444 (Post 71440)
Hope you find these useful! If anyone is interested in the various part numbers let me know and I'll dig them out and add them to this thread.

Pete

I know this is going back a while but if you do have the part numbers I'd be really grateful - it's an upgrade I'm keen to complete

Thanks in advance

Colin

neilll 4th January 2010 20:43

bluetooth retrofit

hi colin,
if you let me know which parts you require i will dig relevent part numbers out,as i have just completed said retrofit

Ragman 4th January 2010 20:51

Thanks

Main ones are the harness components, BM54 link cable, ULF module and the mic, think I have a handle on the others but if you come across any you think would help I'd be grateful

Much appreciated

Colin

neilll 5th January 2010 13:00

hi colin,
just ventured into the garage for some part numbers.

bm54 adaptor cables
61.12.6.924.785 £31.57 10 to 12 pin adaptor
61.12.6.913.957 £35.57 round to flat pin adaptor
61.12.6.913.955 £17.31 antenna adaptor

microphone (newer type)
84.31.6.938.762 £14.76
84.32.8.363.774 £15.64 mic connector and lead (may already have this installed!)

ulf module 54 pin plug and leads from audi dealer
u000.979.010 £0.97 each. leads will need 15 (if i remember correctly)although they can be cut in half as they have a connector either end. ordered in multiples of 5!!
u4e.972.144 £1.47 54 pin connector shell
back to bmw dealer
84.50.6.928.461 £12.56 ulf antenna
61.12.6.912.541 £16.50 farka ulf to antenna lead (4755mm) long enough to get antenna under head unit!

all prices ex vat

hope these part numbers help.let me know if you need any more info
regards
neil

Ragman 5th January 2010 19:28

Wow - many many thanks, thats saved me a bundle of work!!

steve00136 13th September 2022 13:58

Hope it's OK to resurrect such an old thread but it is still very relevant.
I have done this retrofit (see ...... https://mgzt.info/2022/03/07/ulf-tel...talled-part-4/ ) and all works well apart from the voice control.
Has anyone got the voice control working and how did you do it?
Thanks
Steve

steve00136 14th September 2022 10:58

Just an update. I think I've sussed out the problem. The voice control needs switching on using the navcoder software and connector.
Trouble is the ibus connector is £60 and the software is £25 ...... not sure whether its worth it!

neilll 1st January 2023 21:35

Hi Steve,
I found the voice control for both the mobile sketchy at least ( need a certain ulf unit above gen 4 or 7 I think) They stopped making them on gen 13.
Voice control for sat/nav was useless don`t bother!

Neil

steve00136 1st January 2023 22:31

Hi Neil I've got voice control working on the phone - it's pretty basic but works. Not worked out how to connect voice control to sat nav yet ...... maybe I won't bother like you say.
Managed to get hold of an ibus clock so now got time and date on the screen ..... its supposed to give eta as well when guiding routes.
Looking at fitting a bmw tilt sensor to the alarm next.

Keeps me out of trouble!!

neilll 1st January 2023 23:02

Yes it does indeed give estimated time of arrival (keeps updating) and is quite accurate.

ceetdm 2nd January 2023 12:30

"Managed to get hold of an ibus clock so now got time and date on the screen"

Could you give details of where you sourced the ibus clock please?

Tommy :-)

steve00136 2nd January 2023 22:34

Hi Tommy more info here ...... https://mgzt.info/2022/12/19/rare-ib...-tracked-down/

ceetdm 3rd January 2023 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve00136 (Post 2956745)

Thank you, so I have to track down Duncan?

steve00136 3rd January 2023 08:38

Yes.... you just have to follow the link I gave and pm him. Quite simple.
Afraid that's the only way I know how to contact him!

ceetdm 3rd January 2023 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve00136 (Post 2956762)
Yes.... you just have to follow the link I gave and pm him. Quite simple.
Afraid that's the only way I know how to contact him!

Thanks again Steve, I have sent him a PM :-)

Arctic 3rd January 2023 09:42

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceetdm (Post 2956671)
"Managed to get hold of an ibus clock so now got time and date on the screen"

Could you give details of where you sourced the ibus clock please?

HI Tommy.
They are put together /made by one of the stalwart Nano crew (Duncan) on the forum below.
https://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/...e=compose&u=52

https://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/cloc...20clock#p95285