The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   S525 OVP The Club Car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   It's ours! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44053)

martin green 29th August 2009 10:15

On Behalf Of The S-reg Hunters Crew

I would like to say were glad to be part of this club doing all we can on behalf of these early examples.I am proud that we "also" being club members that the directors have played there part with backing up the membership. its a well done to them also.

In personnally feel that the Rover 75/MGZT club is becoming a powerhouse and going from strength to strength.I just hope we can save and bring within the club as many of these early S plate cars as possible, but its nice to know the club owns the oldest known surviving model S525 OVP.

MG.

Allegroboi 29th August 2009 10:25

Good work by all those involved, well done

Departed 29th August 2009 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fille (Post 379219)
Pre-production, does that mean that it is a hand-built prototype or one of the very first cars to be built on the actual production line? Good work guys!

The oldest known R75 Tourer in Finland is up for grabs btw, is the club interested? :D

That would almost certainly be pre production on the line. Only a very few very early cars are handbuilt as they are so expensive. They would be so different from the production cars (things like fibreglass instead of plastic mouldings) that you would know straight away.

EnEnGee 29th August 2009 16:18

Well done guys. I will watch with interest how this develops.

ianwilks 30th August 2009 12:53

Wow !!! what a win win for the club, what a project and what a responsibility.

How about a special donation fund for those who can't physically help out (like us overseas members) who might like to donate a few dollars (quid)to do our bit for such an historical project as we can't get to Club meets etc.

Ian

Jules 30th August 2009 13:03

Great news
Thanks to all involved.

Dave Goody 30th August 2009 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwilks (Post 379715)
Wow !!! what a win win for the club, what a project and what a responsibility.

How about a special donation fund for those who can't physically help out (like us overseas members) who might like to donate a few dollars (quid)to do our bit for such an historical project as we can't get to Club meets etc.

Ian

I would go for that too, is it a secret how much was paid? I would happily give a donation Dave

Christopher 30th August 2009 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Goody (Post 379817)
I would go for that too, is it a secret how much was paid? I would happily give a donation Dave

Not sure yet Dave a (nominal) offer was made and accepted - but it may be waived - we don't know that though - we'll know soon enough though. Either way it was "chicken feed" price! ;)

(not that I know the cost of chicken feed these days!! :shrug:)

TurboZed 30th August 2009 20:40

Probably expensive if the price of eggs is anything to go by nowerdays....
I digress...
Is its ownership/usage history known? I was just wondering why its backend had be bodged into MG ZT guise?

Christopher 30th August 2009 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboZed (Post 379888)
Is its ownership/usage history known? I was just wondering why its backend had be bodged into MG ZT guise?

Its always belonged to MG-Rover - and now to MG Motors UK Ltd - so I suppose this is why the MG "facelift" :)