The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Hijackers Hijack Thread!!...... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=28803)

FLYER 28th February 2012 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike (Post 937152)
Look familiar to anybody? :smilie_re:

Please take a minute to carefully read this notification sent by our Account Review Team.

As of the 27th of February 2012, our security system has blocked unusual charges to a credit card linked to your account. An intrusion into your account has been detected which shows that someone tried to access your PayPal account without your permission. we have limited access to your account due to this problem. Moreover, we have sent you an attachment which contains all the necessary steps in order to restore your account access. Please download and open it in your browser. Thanks for your high attention.

Please do understand that this is a security measure taken with intention to protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Team

your like a magnet for these things willy .

:o

WillyHeckaslike 28th February 2012 10:21

Just been reading up on what Paypal advise. :smilie_re:

Advice is to forward the email to Paypal (spoof@paypal .com) and then delete it. Done! :D Just received it today so likely others will have had the same, if not then watch for it. :shower:

Note: Email addy above gapped to stop active link. :p:

WillyHeckaslike 28th February 2012 10:36

Update.

Crikey! They is very quick: :smilie_re:

Hello WHL,

Thanks for forwarding that suspicious-looking email. You're right - it was a phishing attempt, and we're working on stopping the fraud.

By reporting the problem, you've made a difference! Identity thieves try to trick you into revealing your password or other personal information through phishing emails and fake websites. To learn more about online safety, click "Security Center" on any PayPal webpage. Every email counts. When you forward suspicious-looking emails to spoof@paypal .com, you help keep yourself and others safe from identity theft. Your account security is very important to us, so we appreciate your extra effort.

Thanks,

PayPal

damienp 28th February 2012 20:32

Thanks for the info WHL. :bowdown:

damienp 28th February 2012 20:49

Im just watching a programme on bbc4 about the building of the submarine Astute... the one that ran aground the other year.
Anyway, who picked the music to go with the programme?
I ask, because i recognised the instrumental. It was from a Depeche Mode track called - It's No Good :getmecoat:

damienp 29th February 2012 08:17

Poppy - I'll slip you £100,000 under the table if you dish the dirt and tell me what forum it was!;)

FLYER 29th February 2012 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by damienp (Post 938040)
Poppy - I'll slip you £100,000 under the table if you dish the dirt and tell me what forum it was!;)

stuff that , if you have that much dosh i want some :D

windrush 29th February 2012 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYER (Post 938056)
stuff that , if you have that much dosh i want some :D

Yeah we would all like some of that

COLVERT 29th February 2012 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by damienp (Post 938040)

No chance mate.:p::p::p:

I offered her 2 mil and she said OK.

I was only after loyalty, I hope she didn't think it was for anything else. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Now as to this Forum . ;););)

FredSpencer 29th February 2012 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 938393)

I offered her 2 mil and she said OK.

I offered her a tenner just by way of a starting point. I thought with a bit of haggling we could find out what her real price was ...... just for a bit of loyalty, of course. ;)